CompTIA carefully tracks technology evolution and its impact on the world of work. Together with industry we continuously review how trends change the roles that CompTIA A+ certifies – those focused on IT technical support and operations – and work to adapt the certification to industry workforce needs. The 900 series is a reflection of the current knowledge and skills needed by today’s IT professionals.
In addition, CompTIA A+ is an ISO-accredited certification which means we adhere to defined policies and practices in developing our certifications. One goal of our development standards is to ensure that current certification holders maintain up-to-date skills. The 900 series is the blueprint for up-to-date skills for entry level IT support and operations roles.
- Access to Cisco Networking Academy
Optionally this package also includes an exam voucher and/or online support from a certified trainer for 2 hours a week for 4 weeks.
A student needs to meet the following prequisites in order to fully benefit from the course:
- 9 to 12 months hands-on experience in the lab or field
Who should attend
This course was designed for the benefit of the following organization roles:
- Support Specialist
- Field Service Technician
- Desktop Support Analyst
- Help Desk Tier 2 Support
CompTIA A+ is the preferred qualifying credential for technical support and IT operational roles. It is about much more than PC repair.
- Candidates are better prepared to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Technicians understand a wide variety of issues ranging from networking and operating systems to mobile devices and security.
- A+ supports the ability to connect users to the data they need to do their jobs regardless of the devices being used.