220-1001 and 220-1002
CompTIA carefully tracks technology evolution and its impact on the world of work. Together with industry we continuously review how trends change the roles that CompTIA A+ certifies – those focused on IT technical support and operations – and work to adapt the certification to industry workforce needs. The 1000 series is a reflection of the current knowledge and skills needed by today’s IT professionals.
In addition, CompTIA A+ is an ISO-accredited certification which means we adhere to defined policies and practices in developing our certifications. One goal of our development standards is to ensure that current certification holders maintain up-to-date skills. The 1000 series is the blueprint for up-to-date skills for entry level IT support and operations roles.
A student needs to meet the following prequisites in order to fully benefit from the course:
- 9 to 12 months hands-on experience in the lab or field
CompTIA A+ is the preferred qualifying credential for technical support and IT operational roles. It is about much more than PC repair.
- Candidates are better prepared to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Technicians understand a wide variety of issues ranging from networking and operating systems to mobile devices and security.
- A+ supports the ability to connect users to the data they need to do their jobs regardless of the devices being used.
Who should attend
This course was designed for the benefit of the following organization roles:
- Support Specialist
- Field Service Technician
- Desktop Support Analyst
- Help Desk Tier 2 Support
- Access to Cisco Networking Academy
Optionally this package also includes an exam voucher and/or online support from a certified trainer for 2 hours a week for 4 weeks.