This e-learning course provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2014 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2014 product features and tools related to maintaining a database.
Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform. Expected workload: 5 days.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe core database administration tasks and tools.
- Install and configure SQL Server 2014.
- Configure SQL Server databases and storage.
- Plan and implement a backup strategy.
- Restore databases from backups.
- Import and export data. Monitor SQL Server.
- Trace SQL Server activity.
- Manage SQL Server security.
- Audit data access and encrypt data.
- Perform ongoing database maintenance.
- Automate SQL Server maintenance with SQL Server Agent Jobs.
- Configure Database Mail, alerts and notifications.
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job. The secondary audience for this course is individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
- Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2014 Database Administration
- Lab : Using SQL Server Administrative Tools
- Module 2: Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2014
- Lab : Installing SQL Server 2014
- Module 3: Working with Databases and Storage
- Lab : Managing Database Storage
- Module 4: Planning and Implementing a Backup Strategy
- Lab : Backing Up SQL Server Databases
- Module 5: Restoring SQL Server 2014 Databases
- Lab : Restoring SQL Server Databases
- Module 6: Importing and Exporting Data
- Lab : Importing and Exporting Data
- Module 7: Monitoring SQL Server 2014
- Lab : Monitoring SQL Server 2014
- Module 8: Tracing SQL Server Activity
- Lab : Tracing SQL Server Workload Activity
- Module 9: Managing SQL Server Security
- Lab : Managing SQL Server Security
- Module 10: Auditing Data Access and Encrypting Data
- Lab : Auditing Data Access and Encrypting Data
- Module 11: Performing Ongoing Database Maintenance
- Lab : Performing Ongoing Database Maintenance
- Module 12: Automating SQL Server 2014 Management
- Lab : Automating SQL Server Management
- Module 13: Monitoring SQL Server 2014 by Using Alerts and Notifications
- Lab : Monitoring SQL Server by Using Alerts and Notifications