This five-day course describes how to use Configuration Manager and its associated site systems to efficiently manage network resources. In this five-day course, you will learn day-to-day management tasks, including how to manage applications, client health, hardware and software inventory, operating system deployment, and software updates by using Configuration Manager. You also will learn how to optimize System Center Endpoint Protection, manage compliance, and create management queries and reports. Additionally, this course, in conjunction with Microsoft Official Course 20703-2A, helps certification candidates prepare for Exam 70-703: Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Cloud Services Integration.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of public key infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile device platforms.
- Course 20697-1: Installing and Configuring Windows 10
- Course 20697-2: Deploying and Managing Windows 10 Using Enterprise Services
- Course 20411: Administering Windows Server 2012
Course outcomeAfter completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the features Configuration Manager and Intune include, and explain how you can use these features to manage PCs and mobile devices in an enterprise environment.
- Analyze data by using queries and reports.
- Prepare a management infrastructure, including configuring boundaries, boundary groups, and resource discovery, and integrating mobile-device management with Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Deploy and manage the Configuration Manager client.
- Configure, manage, and monitor hardware and software inventory, and use Asset Intelligence and software metering.
- Identify and configure the most appropriate method to distribute and manage content used for deployments.
- Distribute, deploy, and monitor applications for managed users and systems.
- Maintain software updates for PCs that Configuration Manager manages.
- Implement Endpoint Protection for managed PCs.
- Manage configuration items, baselines, and profiles to assess and configure compliance settings and data access for users and devices.
- Configure an operating-system deployment strategy by using Configuration Manager.
- Manage and maintain a Configuration Manager site.
Who should attendThis course is for experienced information technology (IT) professionals, typically described as Enterprise Desktop Administrators (EDAs). These EDAs deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and applications across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. A significant portion of this audience uses, or intends to use, the latest release of Configuration Manager to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and applications. This course also is for individuals who are interested in taking Exam 70-703: Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Cloud Services Integration. Courses 20703-1A and 20703-2A, or equivalent knowledge and skills, are necessary to prepare for this exam.
- Module 1: Managing computers and mobile devices in the enterprise
- Lab : Exploring the Configuration Manager tools
- Module 2: Analyzing data using queries and reports
- Lab : Creating and running queriesConfiguring boundaries and resource discovery
- Lab : Configuring SSRS
- Module 3: Preparing the management infrastructure to support PCs and mobile devices
- Lab : Configuring boundaries and resource discovery
- Lab : Configuring user and device collections
- Module 4: Deploying and managing clients
- Lab : Deploying the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager client software
- Lab : Configuring and monitoring client status
- Lab : Managing client settings
- Module 5: Managing inventory for PCs and applications
- Lab : Configuring and managing inventory collection
- Lab : Configuring software metering
- Lab : Configuring and managing Asset Intelligence
- Module 6: Distributing and managing content used for deployments
- Lab : Distributing and managing content for deployments
- Module 7: Deploying and managing applications
- Lab : Creating and deploying applications
- Lab : Managing application supersedence and removal
- Lab : Deploying virtual applications by using Configuration Manager (Optional)
- Lab : Using Configuration Manager to deploy Windows Store apps
- Module 8: Maintaining software updates for managed PCs
- Lab : Configuring the site for software updates
- Lab : Deploying and managing software updates
- Module 9: Implementing Endpoint Protection for managed PCs
- Lab : Implementing Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection
- Module 10: Managing compliance and secure data access
- Lab : Managing compliance settings
- Module 11: Managing operating system deployment
- Lab : Preparing thea site for operating -system deployment
- Lab : Deploying operating -system images for bare-metal installations
- Module 12: Managing and maintaining a Configuration Manager site
- Lab : Configuring role-based administration
- Lab : Configuring Remote Tools
- Lab : Maintaining a Configuration Manager site