This five-day course examines how to plan, configure, and manage a Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 environment. Special areas of focus include implementing high availability, disaster recovery, service application architecture, Business Connectivity Services, social computing features, productivity and collaboration platforms and features, business intelligence solutions, enterprise content management, web content management infrastructure, solutions, and apps. The course also examines how to optimize the Search experience, how to develop and implement a governance plan. and how to perform an upgrade or migration to SharePoint Server 2013.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
PrerequisitesBefore attending this course, students must have:
- Completed Course 20331: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013, successful completion of Exam 70-331: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint 2013, or equivalent skills.
- At least one year’s experience of mapping business requirements to logical and physical technical design.
- Working knowledge of network design, including network security.
- Experience managing software in a Windows 2008 R2 enterprise server or Windows Server 2012 environment.
- Deployed and managed applications natively, virtually, and in the cloud.
- Administered Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Configured Active Directory for use in authentication, authorization and as a user store.
- Managed an application remotely using Windows PowerShell 2.0.
- Connected applications to Microsoft SQL Server.
- Implemented Claims-based security.
Course outcomeAfter completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the core features of SharePoint 2013
- Plan and design a SharePoint 2013 environment to meet requirements for high availability and disaster recovery
- Plan and implement a service application architecture for a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Configure and manage Business Connectivity Services features in a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Plan and configure social computing features
- Plan and configure productivity and collaboration platforms and features
- Plan and configure Business Intelligence solutions
- Optimize the search experience for an enterprise environment
- Plan and configure enterprise content management in a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Plan and configure a web content management infrastructure to meet business requirements
- Manage solutions in a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Configure and manage apps in a SharePoint Server 2013 environment
- Develop and implement a governance plan for SharePoint Server 2013
- Perform an upgrade or migration to SharePoint Server 2013
Who should attendThe course track is targeted at experienced IT Professionals interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy and manage SharePoint Server 2013 installations in either the data center or cloud. In addition, Business Application Administrators (BAAs) who are engaged in the administering line-of-business (LOB) projects in conjunction with internal business customers would benefit from understanding of managing SharePoint Server 2013. The training addresses three audiences:
- Existing SharePoint 2010 customers and partners who need to understand the major changes in SharePoint 2013. In addition there have been other improvements in tools and methodologies.
- Customer who are new to SharePoint. SharePoint market size is growing significantly and is expected to continue to grow, so there are many new customers with no previous experience.
- Customers running a previous version of SharePoint (SharePoint 2003 and SharePoint 2007) which did not upgrade to SharePoint 2010, so are not familiar with the architecture of SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint Server 2013.
- Module 1: Understanding the SharePoint Server 2013 Architecture
- Lab : Reviewing Core SharePoint Concepts
- Module 2: Designing Business Continuity Management Strategies
- Lab : Planning and Performing Backups and Restores
- Module 3: Planning and Implementing a Service Application Architecture
- Lab : Planning a Service Application Architecture
- Lab : Federating Service Applications between SharePoint Server Farms
- Module 4: Configuring and Managing Business Connectivity Services
- Lab : Configuring BCS and the Secure Store Service
- Lab : Managing Business Data Connectivity Models
- Module 5: Connecting People
- Lab : Configuring Profile Synchronization and My Sites
- Lab : Configuring Community Sites
- Module 6: Enabling Productivity and Collaboration
- Lab : Configuring Project Sites
- Lab : Configuring Workflow
- Module 7: Planning and Configuring Business intelligence
- Lab : Configuring Excel Services
- Lab : Configuring PowerPivot and Power View for SharePoint
- Module 8: Planning and Configuring Enterprise Search
- Lab : Planning an Enterprise Search Deployment
- Lab : Managing Search Relevance in SharePoint Server 2013
- Module 9: Planning and Configuring Enterprise Content Management
- Lab : Configuring eDiscovery in SharePoint Server 2013
- Lab : Configuring Records Management in SharePoint Server 2013
- Module 10: Planning and Configuring Web Content Management
- Lab : Configuring Managed Navigation and Catalog Sites
- Lab : Configuring Device Channels
- Module 11: Managing Solutions in SharePoint Server 2013
- Lab : Managing Solutions
- Module 12: Managing Apps for SharePoint Server 2013
- Lab : Configuring and Managing SharePoint Apps
- Module 13: Developing a Governance Plan
- Lab : Developing a Plan for Governance
- Lab : Managing Site Creation and Deletion
- Module 14: Upgrading and Migrating to SharePoint Server 2013
- Lab : Performing a Database-Attach Upgrade
- Lab : Managing Site Collection Upgrades
Developing Microsoft SharePoint® Server 2013 Core Solutions (180 Day)
€ 481,00 (excl. BTW)