The main purpose of the course is to give students a good understanding of data analysis with Power BI. The course includes creating visualizations, the Power BI Service, and the Power BI Mobile App.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases and reporting.
- Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas).
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching).
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications – particularly Excel.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Perform Power BI desktop data transformation.
- Describe Power BI desktop modelling.
- Create a Power BI desktop visualization.
- Implement the Power BI service.
- Describe how to connect to Excel data.
- Describe how to collaborate with Power BI data.
- Connect directly to data stores.
- Describe the Power BI developer API.
- Describe the Power BI mobile app.
Who should attend
The course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data.
- Module 1: Introduction to Self-Service BI Solutions
- Lab : Exploring an Enterprise BI solution
- Module 2: Introducing Power BI
- Lab : Creating a Power BI dashboard
- Module 3: Power BI
- Lab : Importing data into Power BI
- Module 4: Shaping and Combining Data
- Lab : Shaping and combining data
- Module 5: Modeling data
- Lab : Modeling Data
- Module 6: Interactive Data Visualizations
- Lab : Creating a Power BI report
- Module 7: Direct Connectivity
- Lab : Direct Connectivity
- Module 8: The Developer API
- Lab : Using the developer API
- Module 9: Power BI mobile app