This five-day instructor-led course teaches students how to implement a SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services solution for data analysis in an organization. The course discusses how to use the Reporting Services development tools to create and manage reports and implement self-service BI solutions.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
PrerequisitesBefore attending this course, students must have:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL, such as that taught in 20761C.
Course outcomeAfter completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe reporting services and it’s components
- Describe reporting services data sources
- Implement paginated reports
- Work with reporting services data
- Visualize data with reporting services
- Aggregate report data
- Share reporting services reports
- Administer reporting services
- Expand and integrate reporting services
- Describe mobile reports
- Develop mobile reports.
Who should attendThe primary audience for this course is database professionals who need to fulfil a BI developer role to create reports. Primary responsibilities will include implementing reports and mobile reports. The secondary audiences for this course are power information workers.
- Module 1: Introduction to Reporting Services
- Lab : Exploring reporting services
- Module 2: Reporting Services Data Sources
- Lab : Configuring data access with report builder
- Module 3: Creating Paginated Reports
- Lab : Creating reports
- Module 4: Working with Reporting Services Data
- Lab : Create a parameterized report
- Module 5: Visualizing Data with Report Services
- Lab : Manage formatting
- Module 6: Summarizing Report Data
- Lab : Summarizing report data
- Module 7: Sharing Reporting Services Reports
- Lab : Sharing reporting services reports
- Module 8: Administering Reporting Services
- Lab : Administering reporting services
- Module 9: Extending and Integrating Reporting Services
- Lab : Extending and integrating reporting services
- Module 10: Introduction to Mobile Reports
- Lab : Introduction to mobile reports
- Module 11: Developing Mobile Reports
- Lab : Developing mobile reports