The courseware addresses the principles of BiSL and the defined process framework. The principles and the framework as a whole are addressed: the operational processes ( the clusters of use management, functionalities management and connecting processes), the management processes and the strategy processes.
The material consists of a mix of theory using a slide set, practical exercises including case studies and additionally the student can practice with two practice exams. There is a lot of room for exchange of experiences, always going back to the theory.
To order optional: Printed book Best Practice (NL) PREVIEW
- Bisl Foundation Courseware book (includes practice exam)
Optionally the package also contains an exam voucher and 1 hour guided exam preparation provided by a certified trainer over the phone or Skype. This guidance session can be planned for either daytime or evening. Another option is the course textbook. While you don’t need it to prepare for the exam, having the textbook on hand does make preparing for the exam easier. The textbook for this course is:
- BiSL Next – A Framework for Business Information Management textbook
A student needs to meet the following prequisites in order to fully benefit from the course:
- None, this is the foundation of the BiSL certificatin track
This course cover the following topics:
- The background and positioning of business information management and the BiSL framework.
- The key messages, objectives and subjects of the BiSL clusters.
- The objectives and subjects of the BiSL clusters and processes.
- The activities and results of the BiSL operational and management processes.
- The interrelations between the BiSL clusters and processes.
Who should attend
This course was designed for the benefit of the following organization roles:
- information management
- Functional management
- IT staff interested in the framework and principles of BiSL.
- Positioning and Messages of Business Infrmation Management
- The BiSL Framework
- Procescluster User Management and Daily management processes
- Procescluster Functional Management: Maintenance and renewal
- Connecting processes I: Execution Level
- Procescluster Control processes
- Procescluster Defining Information Strategy
- Procescluster Defining organisation Strategy
- Connecting Processes II: Control Level
- Use and execution of BiSL