The visual above shows how the courses for the IS management electives track build on one another to steadily expand competence in this specialization. This link will take you to an overview of all Mile2 courses.
This course adresses the security pitfalls of the IPv6 enviroment.
According to our team of security experts, the implementation of IPv6 will likely produce another Wild West across the internet! The ease at which a hacker can steal your data in an IPv6 environment is, well just scary. Internet protocols are not written with security in mind, they focus on functionality and if we are not aware of the pitfalls of IPv6 we will see the financial loss due to hacking skyrocket, just like the old days before we properly secured IPv4.
- Online Video
- Electronic Book(Workbook/Lab guide)
- Exam Prep Questions
A student needs to meet the following prequisites in order to fully benefit from the course:
- Attendees need a deep understanding of existing IP protocols such as existing switching technologies like Cisco and Juniper.
Who should attend
This course was designed for the benefit of the following organization roles:
- Network Administrators
- Network Engineers
- DataCenter Engineers
- Security Engineers
- IT Managers
- IT Professionals
Participants will be able to apply forensically-sound best practice techniques against virtual infrastructure entities in the following use case scenarios:
- Understand the need for IPv6
- Understand the security threats to IPv6
- Understand how to secure your environment for IPv6
- Understand how IPv6 works over the internet and the intranet
- Understand Security on Mobile devices related to IPv6
- Walk away with a network design specific to your companies needs that will make implementation secure and simple
- Module 1: Introduction to IPv6 Security
- Module 2: Ipv6 Protocol Security Vulnerabilities
- Module 3: Ipv6 Internet Security
- Module 4: Ipv6 Perimeter Security
- Module 5: Local Network Security
- Module 6: Third-Party Risk Management
- Module 7: Security for IPv6 Mobility