This course serves as the foundation for several specializations, giving trainees the platform needed to deleop themselves in a mutitude of areas.
According to a recent study, the top source of security incidents within a company are the current employees. This course prepares you for security across the entire environment including understanding risk management, identity and access control, network and data security. This is just a short list of everything that we cover within this course, which will include new technologies like IoT and cloud services. This course is intended to prepare you to be a benefit to any company that is attempting to improve its security posture! With this certification, you will be marketable to any company, anywhere across the globe.
- Online Video
- Electronic Book(Workbook/Lab guide)
- Exam Prep Questions
A student needs to meet the following prequisites in order to fully benefit from the course:
- Recommended minimum one-year of experience with server administration or network administration.
- General understanding of business processes is beneficial.
Who should attend
This course was designed for the benefit of the following organization roles:
- End User
- Company Employee
- Basic Computer User
- Fully understand Security from a real-world viewpoint
- Implement security controls on systems within an environment, network, data, servers, host, mobile, cloud
- Understand risk management and how each individual or department can be part of reducing risk
- Understand cryptography at the basic level to ensure a company is implementing this correctly
- Understand how to impose controls for mobile and IoT devices
- Prepare for the CSP+ or Security+ certification
- Become part of the solution for improving the security posture of your company
- Module 0: Class Introduction
- Module 1: Introduction to IT Security
- Module 2: Risk Management
- Module 3: Understanding of Cryptography
- Module 4: Understanding Identity and Access Management
- Module 5: Managing Data Security
- Module 6: Managing Network Security
- Module 7: Managing Server/Host Security
- Module 8: Application Security for Non-Developers
- Module 9: Understanding Mobile Device Security (IoT)
- Module 10: Managing Day to Day Security
- Module 11: Understating Compliance and Auditing