The visual above shows how the courses for the virtualization tracks build on one another to steadily expand competence in this specialization. This link will take you to an overview of all Mile2 courses.
This course covers the security enviroment and threats to a virtualized datacenter.
This course provides the foundation needed for highly secure deployment of VMware vSphere It also provides a complete understanding of the CIA triad as it relates to virtualization. This course will cover everything from design, configuration, best practices, performance monitoring and how these areas interact. We endeavor to provide an understanding of what can and cannot be performed to secure your virtualized datacenter.
- Online Video
- Electronic Book (Work book/Lab guide)
- Exam Prep Questions
A student needs to meet the following prequisites in order to fully benefit from the course:
- Network+ Certification or Equivalent Knowledge
- Two Years’ Experience with Microsoft or Linux Servers
- Basic Virtualization/Cloud Knowledge
- Certified Virtualization Engineer or equivalent knowledge
Who should attend
This course was designed for the benefit of the following organization roles:
- Virtualization and Cloud Administrators
- Virtualization and Cloud Engineers
- Engineers, Virtualization and Cloud Security Engineers
- System Administrators
- System Engineers
Students who complete this course learn:
- The Datacenter is under attack and mistakes made in implementing the virtual platform can lead to a major attack. It has happened before and will again.
- How a properly designed virtual layer can aid in mitigating some attacks.
- Learn how Confidentiality can be improved with some features implemented in vSphere.
- Learn how Integrity can be maintained with a proper design and implementation of VMware vSphere.
- Learn how Availability is designed into the VMware vSphere architecture and how you can improve and maintain this.
- Spend some time performing a few hacks, and a lot of time implementing a secure architecture with hands on labs
- Course Introduction
- Module 1: Virtualization and Cloud Overview
- Module 2: vSphere Monitoring and Performance (Availability Constraints)
- Module 3: vSphere Native Security
- Module 4: vSphere Security Risks
- Module 5: Designing for Security
- Module 6: Hardening vSphere
- Module 7: Managing Risk and Compliance
- Module 8: Third Party Mitigation Solutions