A student needs to meet the following prequisites in order to fully benefit from the course:
- Basic networking understanding
This course teaches students about basic malware and how it targets an organization’s network. Additionally students are taught how to asses a company’s security posture and perform basic vulnerability tests.
Who should attend
This course was designed for the benefit of the following organization roles:
- Information System Owners
- Analysts; Ethical Hackers
- Cyber Security Managers
- IT Engineer
- C)VA Online Video
- C)VA Electronic Book (Workbook)
- C)VA Exam Prep Questions
- C)VA Exam
- Module 1 – Why Vulnerability Assessment
- Module 2 – Vulnerability Types
- Module 3 – Assessing the Network
- Module 4 – Assessing Web Servers & Applications
- Module 5 – Assessing Remote & VPN Services
- Module 6 – Vulnerability Assessment Tools of the Trade
- Module 7 – Output Analysis
This course covers the knowledge and skills needed to perform vulnerability assesments.
The, vendor neutral, Certified Vulnerability Assessor (C)VA certification course helps students understand the importance of vulnerability assessments. The course does this by providing intricate knowledge and skills in the Vulnerability Assessment arena. The CVA course provides foundational knowledge of general VA tools as well as popular exploits an IT engineer should be familiar with. The CVA is a fundamental cyber security certification course that focuses on vulnerability assessments. Completing the CVA course gives the student the foundational information on the importance of a Vulnerability Assessment and how it can help an engineer prevent serious break-ins to your organization. In the CVA course, the student will be versed with basic malware and viruses and how they can infiltrate an organizations network. The student will also learn how to assess a company’s security posture and perform a basic vulnerability test to help secure the organization’s networking infrastructure.