In this CertKit you will learn how to use ASP.NET MVC templates to create new web applications, how to design the user experience with adaptive user interfaces, and how to work with the ASP.NET Web API and MVC extensibility points. You also learn how to reduce network bandwidth and plan for search engine optimization, how to design application architecture for RESTful web applications, and how to implement security features like user authentication and authorization. It also covers how to troubleshoot runtime issues, handle exceptions, and debug Windows Azure applications, as well as how to configure an ASP.NET MVC web application for deployment in Visual Studio 2017.
- E-Learning courses
- MeasureUp Exam Simulation
- Online Mentor
- Tips & Tricks
A minimum of two to three years of experience developing web-based applications by using Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft ASP.NET, proficiency in using the .NET Framework, and some familiarity with the C# language.
This course covers:
- Describe the Microsoft Web Technologies stack and select an appropriate technology to use to develop any given application.
- Design the architecture and implementation of a web application that will meet a set of functional requirements, user interface requirements, and address business models.
- Create MVC Models and write code that implements business logic within Model methods, properties, and events.
- Add Controllers to an MVC Application to manage user interaction, update models, and select and return Views.
- Create Views in an MVC application that display and edit data and interact with Models and Controllers.
- Run unit tests and debugging tools against a web application in Visual Studio and configure an application for troubleshooting.
- Develop a web application that uses the ASP.NET routing engine to present friendly URLs and a logical navigation hierarchy to users.
- Implement a consistent look and feel, including corporate branding, across an entire MVC web application.
- Use partial page updates and caching to reduce the network bandwidth used by an application and accelerate responses to user requests.
- Implement a complete membership system in an MVC web application.
- Build an MVC application that resists malicious attacks and persists information about users and preferences.
- Describe how to write a Microsoft Azure web service and call it from and MVC application.
- Describe what a Web API is and why developers might add a Web API to an application.
- Modify the way browser requests are handled by an MVC application.
- Describe how to package and deploy an ASP.NET MVC web application from a development computer to a web server for staging or production.
Who should attend
This course is intended for professional web developers who use Microsoft Visual Studio in an individual-based or team-based, small-sized to large development environment. Candidates for this course are interested in developing advanced web applications and want to manage the rendered HTML comprehensively. They want to create websites that separate the user interface, data access, and application logic.
- Introduction to ASP.NET MVC Web Applications
- Configuring MVC Controllers and Actions
- MVC Application Routes
- Working with ASP.NET MVC Models and Unit Testing
- NET MVC Databases and Entity Framework
- Working with ASP.NET Web API Routes and Controllers
- Working with JSON and XML Data Formats
- Composing the UI Layout of an Application
- Design and Implement UI Behavior
- Adaptive UI Layout and Caching Strategy
- Designing ASP.NET MVC Application Architecture
- Asynchronous Tasks in ASP.NET MVC Web Application
- Design a Distributed ASP.NET MVC Application
- Implementing ASP.NET Authentication
- Implement ASP.NET Claims-Based Authentication
- Implement ASP.NET Authorization and Exception Handling Strategy
- Troubleshooting Runtime Issues and HTTP Modules & Handlers
- Debugging ASP.NET MVC Web Applications
- Configuring and Deploying ASP.NET Web Applications
- Implement Globalization, Azure Role Life Cycle and Search Engine Optimization
- Optimizing Application Data
- Implementing Secure Sites with ASP.NET