This CertKit covers data access in the Microsoft .NET Framework, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) services, Web API services, Microsoft’s Azure cloud services, and the packaging and deployment of .NET applications.
- E-Learning courses
- MeasureUp Exam Simulation
- Online Mentor
- Tips & Tricks
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience with C# programming, and concepts such as lambda expressions, LINQ, and anonymous types
- Understanding the concepts of n-tier applications
- Experience with querying and manipulating data with ADO.NET
This course covers:
- Describe the basic concepts of service development and data access strategies using the .NET platform.
- Describe the Microsoft Azure cloud platform and its compute, data, and application hosting offerings.
- Design and develop a data-centric application using Visual Studio 2017 and Entity Framework Core.
- Design, implement, and consume HTTP services using ASP.NET Core.
- Extend HTTP services using ASP.NET Core.
- Host services on-premises and in Microsoft Azure.
- Deploy services to both on-premises and cloud environments and manage the interface and policy for their services.
- Choose a data storage solution, cache, distribute, and synchronize data.
- Monitor, log, and troubleshoot services.
- Describe claim-based identity concepts and standards and implement authentication and authorization with Azure Active Directory.
- Create scalable service applications.
Who should attend
Primary: .NET developers who want to learn how to develop services and deploy them to hybrid environments.
Secondary: .NET developers with Web application development experience who are exploring developing new applications or porting existing applications to Microsoft Azure.
- Working With Local Data Access Technologies
- Querying and Manipulating Data with the Entity Framework
- Creating and Consuming WCF Web Services
- WCF Instancing and Concurrency and WCF Data Services
- Creating and Consuming Web API Services
- Data Access and Services with Microsoft Azure
- Preparing and Packaging Applications For Deployment
- Web Application and Services Deployment