This CertKit describes and demonstrates how to access operating system and application deployment options for Windows 8.1 and how to determine the best deployment strategy depending on the infrastructure design, including lite-touch and zero-touch system deployments using MDT and System Center Configuration Manager. During these discussion it will also cover application compatibility, user state migration, creating and managing images, volume activation and Office deployment.
- E-Learning courses
- MeasureUp Exam Simulation
- Online Mentor
- Tips & Tricks
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- System administrator–level working knowledge of: Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
This course covers:
- Assess the network environment to support operating system and application deployment tasks.
- Identify the most appropriate Windows deployment strategy based upon organizational requirements.
- Assess Windows 10 application compatibility issues and identify mitigation solutions.
- Describe and configure strategies to migrate user state during operating system deployments.
- Describe image management and use Windows ADK to prepare and support automated deployment strategies.
- Identify solutions to support PXE-initiated and multicast solutions when performing operating system deployment tasks.
- Configure an operating system deployment process using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.
- Configure an operating system deployment strategy using System Center Configuration Manager.
- Integrate the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit with Configuration Manager to support operating system deployment procedures.
- Deploy Windows 10 using modern deployment techniques such as Windows Autopilot, Windows Configuration Designer, and Configuration Manager Servicing.
- Implement volume license activation and configuration settings for client computers.
- Customize and deploy Microsoft Office and configure access to Microsoft Store for Business apps.
IT professionals who deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and apps across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. Typically, this course’s audience has a desktop-support background, and have worked as Enterprise Desktop Administrators.
- Windows – Deploying Windows Devices and Apps: Assessment Strategies
- Windows – Deploying Windows Devices and Enterprise Apps: Compatibility
- Windows – Deploying Windows Devices and Enterprise Apps: Images & PXE
- Windows – Deploying Windows Devices and Enterprise Apps: MDT and LTI
- Windows – Deploying Windows Devices and Enterprise Apps: ZTI and SCCM
- Windows – Deploying Windows Devices and Enterprise Apps: Activation