SQL Server 2016 is a scalable database platform with advanced security and analytics, Business Intelligence, and hybrid cloud features. This CertKit covers the tasks and tools involved in administering a SQL Server 2016 database infrastructure and also the objectives for exam 70-764: Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure.
- E-Learning courses
- MeasureUp Exam Simulation
- Online Mentor
- Tips & Tricks
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
After completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Authenticate and authorize users
- Assign server and database roles
- Authorize users to access resources
- Protect data with encryption and auditing
- Describe recovery models and backup strategies
- Backup SQL Server databases
- Restore SQL Server databases
- Automate database management
- Configure security for the SQL Server agent
- Manage alerts and notifications
- Managing SQL Server using PowerShell
- Trace access to SQL Server
- Monitor a SQL Server infrastructure
- Troubleshoot a SQL Server infrastructure
- Import and export data
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016: Encryption
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016: Data Access and Permissions
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016: Auditing
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016: Backing Up Databases
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016: Restoring Databases
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016: Managing Database Integrity
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016: Monitoring Database Activity and Queries
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016: Monitoring SQL Server Instances
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016: Managing Indexes and Statistics
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016: High Availability and Disaster Recovery