This course provides administrators with the knowledge and skills necessary to deploy and manage Windows 10 desktops, devices, and applications in an enterprise environment. Students will learn how to plan and implement Windows 10 deployments in large organizations. Students will also learn how to manage the Windows 10 installations after deployment to provide secure identity and data access by using technologies related to User Experience Virtualization (UE-V), Group Policy, Work Folders and Client Hyper-V. To support a variety of device and data management solutions, Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), Microsoft Intune, Microsoft Store for Business and Office 365 are used for device management. These services are part of the Enterprise Mobility+ Security, which provides identity and access management, cloud-based device management, application and update management, and more secure data access to information stored both on the cloud and onsite within your corporate network.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
Students should have at least two years of experience in the IT field and should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and Azure AD principles
- Windows Server 2016 fundamentals
- The Windows client operating system essentials; for example, working knowledge of Windows 10 and/or Windows 8.1
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Manage PCs and devices in an enterprise environment.
- Deploy Windows 10 enterprise desktops.
- Manage Windows 10 sign-in and identity.
- Manage user profiles and User Experience Virtualization.
- Manage desktop and application settings by using Group Policy.
- Manage devices in Office 365.
- Manage PCs and devices by using Intune.
- Configure and using Microsoft Store for Business.
- Deploy apps and manage information access by using Intune.
- Manage data access for Windows-based devices.
- Configure and manage Client Hyper-V.
Who should attend
This course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in specializing in Windows 10 desktop and application deployments and in managing the cloud-based application and data service environments for medium-to-large enterprise organizations. These professionals typically work with networks that are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments with managed access to the internet and cloud services.
- Module 1: Managing PCs and devices in an enterprise environment
- Lab : Planning for Windows 10 and device management in the enterprise
- Module 2: Traditional Windows 10 deployment in the enterprise
- Lab : Deploying Windows 10 by using Windows ADK tools
- Module 3: Managing Windows 10 sign-in and identity
- Lab : Extending on-premises AD DS to Azure AD
- Module 4: Managing user profiles and User State Virtualization
- Lab : Configuring user profiles and User State Virtualization
- Lab : Migrating user state by using USMT
- Module 5: Managing desktop and application settings by using Group Policy
- Lab : Configuring Group Policy policies and Group Policy preferences
- Module 6: Managing devices in Office 365
- Lab : Managing devices in Office 365 (part 1)
- Lab : Managing devices in Office 365 (part 2)
- Module 7: Managing PCs and devices by using Microsoft Intune
- Lab : Implementing Intune
- Lab : Managing devices with Intune
- Module 8: Configuring and using Microsoft Store for Business
- Lab : Deploying apps and Windows 10 by using Microsoft Store for Business
- Module 9: Deploying apps and managing information access by using Intune
- Lab : Deploying apps and managing information access by using Intune
- Module 10: Managing data access for Windows-based devices
- Lab : Implementing and using Work Folders
- Lab : Managing data access by using OneDrive
- Lab : Publishing and using RemoteApp programs
- Module 11: Configuring and managing Client Hyper-V
- Lab : Configuring and managing Client Hyper-V