This e-learning course describes how to assess operating system and application deployment options, determine the most appropriate deployment strategy, and then implement a deployment solution for Windows devices and apps that meets your environment’s needs. Solutions that this course details include operating system deployment scenarios ranging from high-touch solutions to zero-touch solutions. It also discusses the technologies that you use to implement these solutions, including the MDT and Configuration Manager.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
Before attending this course, students must have System administrator–level working knowledge of:
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the management tasks that you can perform by using Configuration Manager.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Assess the network environment to support operating system and application deployment tasks.
- Identify the most appropriate operating system deployment strategy based upon organizational requirements.
- Assess application compatibility issues and identify mitigation solutions to ensure that applications function successfully after an operating system deployment.
- Describe and configure strategies to migrate user state during operating system deployments.
- Determine the most appropriate image management strategy to support operating system and application deployments.
- Describe and use the tools provided in the Windows ADK to prepare for and support automated deployment strategies.
- Identify solutions to support PXE-initiated and multicast solutions when performing operating system deployment tasks.
- Configure an operating system deployment strategy by using the MDT.
- Configure an operating system deployment strategy using Configuration Manager.
- Integrate the MDT with Configuration Manager to support operating system deployment procedures.
- Implement volume license activation and configuration settings for client computers.
- Customize and deploy Microsoft Office 2016 to an enterprise network environment, and describe how to use the Windows ICD.
Who should attend
This e-learning course is for IT professionals who deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and apps across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. Typically, this course’s audience has a desktop-support background, and have worked as Enterprise Desktop Administrators. A significant portion of this audience uses or intends to use Configuration Manager to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and enterprise applications. The Enterprise Desktop Administrator also might use several tools, including the Windows ADK and the MDT to support assessment, operating system, and application deployment tasks. Additionally, this course is for individuals who are interested in taking the MCSE exam 70-695: Deploying Windows Desktops and Enterprise Applications.
- Module 1: Assessing the network environment for supporting operating system and application deployment
- Lab : Assessing the network environment for supporting operating system and application deployment
- Module 2: Determining operating system deployment strategies
- Lab : Determining operating system deployment strategies
- Module 3: Assessing application compatibility
- Lab : Assessing application compatibility
- Module 4: Planning and implementing user state migration
- Lab : Planning and implementing user state migration
- Module 5: Determining an image management strategy
- Lab : Determining an image management strategy
- Module 6: Preparing for deployments by using the Windows ADK
- Lab : Preparing the imaging and Windows PE environment
- Lab : Building a reference image by using Windows SIM and Sysprep
- Lab : Capturing and servicing a reference image
- Lab : Using the Windows ICD
- Module 7: Supporting PXE-initiated and multicast operating system deployments
- Lab : Configuring Windows DS to support PXE and multicast operating system deployments
- Module 8: Implementing operating system deployment by using the MDT
- Lab : Operating system deployment using the MDT
- Module 9: Managing operating system deployment
- Lab : Preparing the site for operating system deployment
- Lab : Deploying operating system images for bare-metal installations
- Module 10: Integrating MDT and Configuration Manager for operating system deployment
- Lab : Integrating MDT and Configuration Manager for operating system deployment
- Lab : Configuring UDI
- Module 11: Activating clients and managing additional configuration settings
- Lab : Configuring additional settings for computer clients
- Module 12: Deploying Office 2016
- Lab : Deploying Microsoft Office 2016 by using the Office Customization Tool