This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to develop a Microsoft SQL Server database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server product features and tools related to developing a database.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
Course outcomeAfter completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design and Implement Tables.
- Describe advanced table designs
- Ensure Data Integrity through Constraints.
- Describe indexes, including Optimized and Columnstore indexes
- Design and Implement Views.
- Design and Implement Stored Procedures.
- Design and Implement User Defined Functions.
- Respond to data manipulation using triggers.
- Design and Implement In-Memory Tables.
- Implement Managed Code in SQL Server.
- Store and Query XML Data.
- Work with Spatial Data.
- Store and Query Blobs and Text Documents.
Who should attendThe primary audience for this course is IT Professionals who want to become skilled on SQL Server product features and technologies for implementing a database. The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who are developers from other product platforms looking to become skilled in the implementation of a SQL Server database.
- Module 1: Introduction to Database Development
- Module 2: Designing and Implementing Tables
- Lab : Designing and Implementing Tables
- Module 3: Advanced Table Designs
- Lab : Using Advanced Table Designs
- Module 4: Ensuring Data Integrity through Constraints
- Lab : Using Data Integrity Through Constraints
- Module 5: Introduction to Indexes
- Lab : Implementing Indexes
- Module 6: Designing Optimized Index Strategies
- Lab : Optimizing Indexes
- Module 7: Columnstore Indexes
- Lab : Using Columnstore Indexes
- Module 8: Designing and Implementing Views
- Lab : Designing and Implementing Views
- Module 9: Designing and Implementing Stored Procedures
- Lab : Designing and Implementing Stored Procedures
- Module 10: Designing and Implementing User-Defined Functions
- Lab : Designing and Implementing User-Defined Functions
- Module 11: Responding to Data Manipulation via Triggers
- Lab : Responding to Data Manipulation by Using Triggers
- Module 12: Using In-Memory Tables
- Lab : Using In-Memory Database Capabilities
- Module 13: Implementing Managed Code in SQL Server
- Lab : Implementing Managed Code in SQL Server
- Module 14: Storing and Querying XML Data in SQL Server
- Lab : Storing and Querying XML Data in SQL Server
- Module 15: Storing and Querying Spatial Data in SQL Server
- Lab : Working with SQL Server Spatial Data
- Module 16: Storing and Querying BLOBs and Text Documents in SQL Server
- Lab : Storing and Querying BLOBs and Text Documents in SQL Server
- Module 17: SQL Server Concurrency
- Lab : SQL Server Concurrency
- Module 18: Performance and Monitoring
- Lab : Monitoring, Tracing, and Baselining