This course provides students with the knowledge and skills required to install and configure Windows 10 desktops and devices in a corporate Windows Server domain environment. The skills that this course details include learning how to install and customize Windows 10 operating systems and apps, and configure local and remote network connectivity and storage. Students also will learn how to configure security for data, devices, and networks, and maintain, update, and recover Windows 10.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
PrerequisitesBefore attending this course, students must have:
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and DNS.
- Knowledge of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles, and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Understanding of certificate-based security.
- Understanding of Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 fundamentals.
- Understanding of Windows client operating system essentials, such as a working knowledge of Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.
Course outcomeAfter completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the important new features of Windows 10.
- Install Windows 10.
- Configure a device that is running Windows 10.
- Configure network connectivity for a Windows 10 device.
- Manage storage in Windows 10.
- Manage folders and printers.
- Manage apps.
- Manage data security.
- Manage device security.
- Implement Windows 10 features to improve network security.
- Restore files, roll back drivers, and recover Windows 10 devices.
- Monitor and update Windows 10 devices.
Who should attendThis course is for information technology (IT) professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops, devices, users, and associated network and security resources. The networks with which these professionals typically work are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments with managed access to the Internet and cloud services. Students who seek certification in the 70-697 Windows 10 Configuring exam also will benefit from this course. Additionally, this course builds skills for Enterprise Desktop/Device Support Technicians who provide Tier 2 support to users who are running Windows 10 desktops and devices within a Windows domain environment in medium-sized and larger organizations.
- Module 1: Overview of Windows 10
- Lab : Navigating and Customizing the User Interface
- Module 2: Installing Windows 10
- Lab : Installing Windows 10
- Module 3: Configuring Your Device
- Lab : Configuring Windows 10
- Lab : Synchronizing Settings with OneDrive
- Module 4: Configuring Network Connectivity
- Lab : Configuring Network Connectivity
- Module 5: Managing Storage
- Lab : Managing Storage
- Module 6: Managing Files and Printers
- Lab : Configuring and Managing Permissions and Shares
- Lab : Installing and Managing a Printer
- Module 7: Managing Apps in Windows 10
- Lab : Installing and Updating Apps from the Microsoft Store
- Lab : Configuring Windows 10 Web Browsers
- Module 8: Managing Data Security
- Lab : Managing Data Security
- Module 9: Managing Device Security
- Lab : Managing Device Security
- Module 10: Managing Network Security
- Lab : Managing Network Security
- Module 11: Troubleshooting and Recovery
- Lab : Troubleshooting and Recovery
- Module 12: Maintaining Windows 10
- Lab : Maintaining Windows 10