This three-day instructor-led course is aimed at database professionals who are looking to implement a Cosmos DB solution.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
PrerequisitesIn addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- The fundamental concepts of partitioning, replication, and resource governance for building and configuring scalable applications that are agnostic of a Cosmos DB API.
- A basic working knowledge of the Cosmos DB SQL API.
Course outcomeAfter completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and architecture of Azure Cosmos DB.
- Describe how to design documents and collections to meet business requirements, and how to use
- the SQL API to build applications that use these documents.
- Describe how to create user-defined functions, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Describe how to tune a database, and how to monitor performance.
- Describe how to create efficient Graph database models using Cosmos DB.
- Describe how to use Azure Search, HDInsight, Azure Databricks, and Power BI with Cosmos DB to query and analyze big data.
- Describe how to use Cosmos DB as a source and sink for streaming data.
Who should attendThe primary audience for this course is database developers and architects (IT professionals, developers, and information workers) who plan to implement big data solutions on Azure using Cosmos DB.
- Module 1: Introduction to Azure Cosmos DB
- Lab : Creating and using a SQL API database in Cosmos DB
- Module 2: Designing and Implementing SQL API Database Applications
- Lab : Designing and implementing SQL API database applications
- Module 3: Implementing Server Side Operations
- Lab : Writing user-defined functions, stored procedures and triggers
- Module 4: Optimizing and monitoring performance
- Lab : Tuning a database and monitoring performance
- Module 5: Designing and Implementing a Graph Database
- Lab : Designing and implementing a Graph database
- Module 6: Querying and Analyzing Big Data with Cosmos DB
- Lab : Querying and Analyzing Big Data with Cosmos DB
- Module 7: Implementing Stream Processing with Cosmos DB
- Lab : Using Cosmos DB with stream processing