This course teaches IT professionals how to provision and manage services in Microsoft Azure. Students will learn how to implement infrastructure components such as virtual networks, virtual machines, containers, web and mobile apps, and storage in Azure. Students also will learn how to plan for and manage Azure AD, and configure Azure AD integration with on-premises Active Directory domains.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
PrerequisitesBefore attending this course, students must have the following technical knowledge:
- Completed the Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configuration, including: TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of websites, including: how to create, configure, monitor and deploy a website on Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including: domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
Course outcomeAfter completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Azure architecture components, including infrastructure, tools, and portals.
- Implement and manage virtual networking within Azure and configure cross-premises connectivity.
- Plan and create Azure VMs.
- Configure, manage, and monitor Azure VMs to optimize availability and reliability.
- Implement Azure App Service.
- Plan and implement storage, backup, and recovery services.
- Implement container-based workloads in Azure.
- Deploy, configure, monitor, and diagnose cloud services.
- Implement Azure AD.
- Manage an Active Directory infrastructure in a hybrid environment.
- Automate operations in Azure by using Azure Automation runbooks.
Who should attendThis course is intended for IT professionals who are familiar with managing on-premises IT deployments that include Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), virtualization technologies, and applications. Students typically work for organizations that are planning to locate some or all of their infrastructure services on Azure. This course also is intended for IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification Exam 70-533: “Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions.”
- Module 1: Introduction to Azure
- Lab : Managing Microsoft Azure
- Module 2: Implementing and managing Azure networking
- Lab : Using a deployment template and Azure PowerShell to implement Azure virtual networks
- Lab : Configuring VNet peering
- Module 3: Implementing virtual machines
- Lab : Deploying Azure VMs
- Lab : Deploying Azure VMs by using Azure Resource Manager templates
- Module 4: Managing Azure VMs
- Lab : Managing Azure VMs
- Module 5: Implementing Azure App Service
- Lab : Implementing web apps
- Module 6: Planning and implementing storage, backup, and recovery services
- Lab : Planning and implementing Azure Storage
- Module 7: Implementing containers in Azure
- Lab : Implementing containers on Azure VMs
- Lab : Implementing Azure Container Service
- Module 8: Implementing Azure Cloud Services
- Lab : Implementing Azure Cloud Services
- Module 9: Implementing Azure Active Directory
- Lab : Implementing Azure AD
- Module 10: Managing an Active Directory infrastructure in a hybrid environment
- Lab : Implementing and managing Azure AD synchronization
- Module 11: Implementing Azure-based management and automation
- Lab : Implementing Automation