The visual above shows how the courses for the IS management electives track build on one another to steadily expand competence in this specialization. This link will take you to an overview of all Mile2 courses.
This course teaches how to establish a certified and accredited information system for an organisation.
Mile2’s, vendor-neutral, Information Systems Certification and Accreditation Professional, ISCAP, certification teaches trainees how to establish certified information systems. the course covers the process of certifying, reviewing and accrediting an information system by IT professionals. This certification is designed to provide, through its contents and referenced resources, a complete guide to establishing a certified and accredited information system in any organization.
This course was created as a standard to measure the set of skills that specific members of an organization are required to have for the practice of certifying, reviewing and accrediting the security of information systems. Specifically, this training was designed for the individuals who are responsible for creating and implementing the processes used to evaluate risk and institute security baselines and requirements. These critical decisions will be essential in making sure that the security of the information systems outweighs the potential risks to an organization from any internal or external threats.
- Online Video
- Electronic Book(Workbook/Lab guide)
- Exam Prep Questions
A student needs to meet the following prequisites in order to fully benefit from the course:
- 12 months experience in information systems
Who should attend
This course was designed for the benefit of the following organization roles:
- Information System Owners
- Information System Security Officers
- Authorizing Officials Information Owners
- Certifiers and Security Control Assessors
- System Managers
- Project Managers
- User and Business Representatives
- U.S. State and Local Governments
Upon completion, Information Systems Certification and Accreditation Professionalstudents will be able to establish a certified and accredited (authorized) information system in any organization according to current best practices and Federal standards.
- Introduction to the Risk Management Framework
- The Software Development Life Cycle
- Risk Management Framework Step 1
- Risk Management Framework Step 2
- Risk Management Framework Step 3
- Risk Management Framework Step 4
- Risk Management Framework Step 5
- Risk Management Framework Step 6