This five-day instructor-led course provides IT professionals with the knowledge and skills required to install and configure Windows 10 desktops in a Windows Server small to medium-sized AD DS domain environment. These skills include learning how to install and customize Windows 10 operating systems and apps, configure local and remote network connectivity, and configure local and online storage.
Students also will learn how to configure security in addition to how to maintain, update, and recover Windows 10.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
PrerequisitesBefore attending this course, students must have:
- Experience deploying and configuring Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- Experience deploying and configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016 Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Experience deploying and configuring network services, including DNS, in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Windows Client essentials, such as a working knowledge of Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7.
Course outcomeAfter completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan, install, and upgrade to Windows 10.
- Perform post-installation configuration.
- Implement networking.
- Implement network security.
- Manage Windows 10 with Group Policy.
- Implement remote management.
- Manage local storage.
- Manage files and resources.
- Install and manage apps.
- Secure Windows 10.
- Implement remote connectivity.
- Maintain and update Windows 10.
- Recover and troubleshoot Windows 10.
Who should attendThis course is intended for IT professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops and devices in small to medium-sized networks. The networks with which these professionals typically work are configured as AD DS domain-based environments with managed access to the Internet and cloud services. Students who seek certification in exam 70-698: Installing and Configuring Windows 10 also will benefit from this course. In addition, this course is intended to provide skills for Enterprise Desktop/Device Support Technicians (EDSTs) who work in small to medium-sized organizations, and who provide Tier 1 or Tier 2 support to users running Windows 10 desktops and devices within a Windows domain environment.
- Module 1: Installing Windows 10
- Lab : Upgrading to Windows 10
- Lab : Maintaining a Windows 10 installation with Windows Configuration Designer
- Module 2: Performing post-installation configuration
- Lab : Configuring features and power options
- Module 3: Implementing networking
- Lab : Implementing network connections
- Lab : Troubleshooting network connections
- Module 4: Implementing network security
- Lab : Implementing network security
- Module 5: Managing Windows 10 with Group Policy
- Lab : Configuring Group Policy Objects and settings
- Module 6: Implementing remote management
- Module 7: Managing storage
- Lab : Managing storage
- Module 8: Managing files and resources
- Lab : Creating, securing, and sharing a folder
- Lab : Implementing Work Folders
- Lab : Managing printers
- Module 9: Deploying and managing apps
- Lab : Deploying and managing Microsoft Store apps
- Lab : Deploying apps with Windows Configuration Designer
- Lab : Configuring Microsoft Edge
- Module 10: Securing Windows 10
- Lab : Configuring user accounts
- Lab : Managing data security
- Module 11: Implementing remote connectivity
- Lab : Implementing a VPN
- Module 12: Maintaining Windows 10
- Lab : Maintaining Windows
- Module 13: Recovering Windows 10
- Lab : Troubleshooting and recovery
Deploying and Managing Windows 10 Using Enterprise Services (90 Day)
€ 398,00 (excl. BTW)