This course teaches IT professionals how to integrate their on-premises Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) environment with Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) and how to use Azure AD as a directory service. It also teaches candidates how to use Azure Rights Management (Azure RMS) to protect sensitive documents. Additionally, it focuses on how to enhance authentication with multi-factor authentication and how to monitor directory synchronization health.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience with AD DS concepts and technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Experience working with and configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Basic experience with Windows PowerShell.
- Basic experience with cloud services such as Microsoft Office 365.
- Basic experience with the Azure platform.
- Basic experience with identities on premises or in cloud.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Compare Azure AD to AD DS, perform Azure AD tenant provisioning, and manage objects and user roles in Azure AD.
- Implement and configure directory synchronization and manage synchronized directories.
- Use Azure AD as a directory service for an on-premises environment, configure single sign-on (SSO) in Azure AD, and protect privileged identities.
- Implement multi-factor authentication.
- Implement Azure RMS and integrate Azure RMS with on-premises services.
- Configure alerts and monitor directory services infrastructure.
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is existing IT professionals who have some knowledge and experience with Azure, and advanced experience with the Windows Server operating system. In addition, IT professionals who take this course typically want to develop knowledge of identity services integration between on-premises services and cloud services. This would typically include:
- AD DS administrators who are looking to train in cloud identity and access technologies.
- System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge, who are looking for more advanced identity training for Azure services.
- Module 1: Introducing Azure AD
- Lab : Creating and managing an Azure AD tenant
- Module 2: Integrating on-premises Active Directory with Azure
- Lab : Implementing directory synchronization
- Module 3: Using Azure AD as a directory service in hybrid environments
- Lab : Using Azure AD in hybrid environments
- Module 4: Configuring and protecting authentication in hybrid environments
- Lab : Configuring authentication in hybrid environments
- Module 5: Deploying Azure Information Protection with on-premises services
- Lab : Implementing Azure Information Protection
- Module 6: Monitoring Azure AD
- Lab : Configuring reporting and monitoring