The purpose of the course is to ensure that students gain an understanding of the IT Processes than manage IT services from their concept stage through design and development and safely into a production environment. In ITIL these stages are known as: Service Strategy; Service Design; Service Transition; and Service Operation. Students will also appreciate the concept of continual service improvement and quality control.
- Foundation of ITIL V3 book
- ITIL Foundation Courseware book (includes practice exam)
Optionally the package also contains an exam voucher and 1 hour guided exam preparation provided by a certified trainer over the phone or Skype. This guidance session can be planned for either daytime or evening.
A student needs to meet the following prequisites in order to fully benefit from the course:
- general awareness of IT and appreciation of their own business environment.
- Pre-course reading focusing on the documentation provided.
Who should attend
This course was designed for the benefit of the following organization roles:
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
- IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.
On successful completion of the course trainees will be able to understand:
- Service management as a practice (comprehension)
- The ITIL service lifecycle (comprehension)
- Generic concepts and definitions (awareness)
- Key principles and models (comprehension)
- Selected processes (awareness)
- Selected functions (awareness)
- Selected roles (awareness)
- Technology and architecture (awareness)
- Competence and training (awareness)
Additionally this course prepares trainees to take the certification exam.
- Service Management
- Key Concepts
- Service Strategy
- Service design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement