This is a three-day course that will teach students how to automate administrative tasks using Windows PowerShell 5.1. Students will learn core scripting skills such as creating advanced functions, writing controller scripts, and handling script errors. Students will learn how to works with Windows PowerShell Workflow, the REST API and XML and JSON formatted data files, Students will also learn how to use new administration tools such Desired State Configuration (DSC) and Just Enough Administration (JEA) to configure and secure servers.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience with Windows networking technologies and implementation.
- Experience with Windows Server administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Windows Client administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with using Windows PowerShell to run commands and to create basic non-modularized scripts.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills through practical experience as a Windows System Administrator. Course 10961: Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell is strongly recommended to obtain prerequisite skills in Windows PowerShell.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create advanced functions.
- Use Microsoft .NET Framework and REST API in Windows PowerShell.
- Write controller scripts.
- Handle script errors.
- Use XML, JSON, and custom formatted data.
- Enhance server management with Desired State Configuration and Just Enough
- Analyze and debug scripts
- Understand Windows PowerShell workflow.
Who should attend
This course is intended for IT professionals who are experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration. Students should have a foundational knowledge of Windows PowerShell, which they can obtain by taking course 10961C: Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell. In addition, this course provides scripting guidance for developers who support development environments and deployment processes.
- Module 1: Creating advanced functions
- Lab : Converting a command into an advanced function
- Lab : Creating a script module
- Lab : Defining parameter attributes and input validation
- Lab : Writing functions that accept pipeline input
- Lab : Producing complex pipeline output
- Lab : Documenting functions by using comment-based help
- Lab : Supporting –WhatIf and -Confirm
- Module 2: Using Microsoft .NET Framework and REST API in Windows PowerShell
- Lab : Using Microsoft .NET Framework in Windows PowerShell
- Lab : Using REST API in Windows PowerShell
- Module 3: Writing controller scripts
- Lab : Writing controller scripts
- Lab : Writing controller scripts that produce HTML reports
- Module 4: Handling script errors
- Lab : Handling errors in a script
- Module 5: Using XML, JSON, and custom-formatted data
- Lab : Reading, manipulating, and writing XML-formatted data
- Module 6: Enhancing server management with Desired State Configuration and Just Enough
- Lab : Creating and deploying a DSC configuration
- Lab : Configuring and using JEA
- Module 7: Analyzing and debugging scripts
- Lab : Analyzing and debugging an existing script
- Module 8: Understanding Windows PowerShell Workflow
- Lab : Creating and running a Windows PowerShell Workflow
Advanced Automated Administration with Windows PowerShell® (180 Day)
€ 481,00 (excl. BTW)