This two-day course is aimed at database professionals looking to update their skills to cover SQL Server 2017.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience of building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2016.
- Familiarity with the Windows Server 2016 operating system and networking.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 2016.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2017
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server Performance, Availability, and Scalability
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server data access
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server reporting and BI
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server OLAP
- Describe new and enhanced data analytics features
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server Cloud deployments
- Describe SQL Server on Linux functionality
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is existing database professionals with experience of SQL Server 2016 who want to update their skills to SQL Server 2017. The secondary audience is existing SQL Server 2016 MCSAs who want to prepare for the Upgrade exam for SQL Server 2017 certification.
- Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2017
- Module 2: What’s new in SQL Server Performance, Scalability, and Availability.
- Lab : Performance and availability – adaptive query processing
- Module 3: What’s New in SQL Server data Access
- Lab : SQL Graph
- Module 4: What’s new in SQL Server Reporting and BI
- Lab : Reporting and BI
- Module 5: New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server Analysis Services
- Lab : Ragged hierarchies
- Module 6: New and Enhanced data Analytics Features
- Lab : Data analytics with Python
- Module 7: What’s new in SQL Server in the Cloud
- Lab : Managed instances
- Module 8: SQL Server on Linux
- Lab : SQL Server in Docker containers