This five-day instructor-led course teaches IT professionals how to deploy and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment, how to implement Group Policy, how to perform backup and restore, and how to monitor and troubleshoot Active Directory–related issues with Windows Server 2016. Additionally, this course teaches students how to deploy other Active Directory server roles, such as Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS).
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Some exposure to and experience with AD DS concepts and technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Experience working with and configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016
- Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience working with and an understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts.
- An awareness of basic security best practices.
- Hands-on working experience with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- Basic experience with the Windows PowerShell command-line interface.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure domain controllers.
- Manage objects in AD DS by using graphical tools and Windows PowerShell.
- Implement AD DS in complex environments.
- Implement AD DS sites, and configure and manage replication.
- Implement and manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Manage user settings by using GPOs.
- Secure AD DS and user accounts.
- Implement and manage a certificate authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS.
- Deploy and manage certificates.
- Implement and administer AD FS.
- Implement and administer Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Implement synchronization between AD DS and Azure AD.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
Who should attend
This course is primarily intended for existing IT professionals who have some AD DS knowledge and experience and who aim to develop knowledge about identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2016. This would typically include:
- AD DS administrators who are looking to train in identity and access technologies with Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to cross-train in core and advanced identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
The secondary audience for this course includes IT professionals who are looking to consolidate their knowledge about AD DS and related technologies, in addition to IT professionals who want to prepare for the 70-742 exam.
- Module 1: Installing and configuring domain controllers
- Lab : Deploying and administering AD DS
- Module 2: Managing objects in AD DS
- Lab : Managing AD DS objects
- Lab : Administering AD DS
- Module 3: Advanced AD DS infrastructure management
- Lab : Domain and trust management in AD DS
- Module 4: Implementing and administering AD DS sites and replication
- Lab : Implementing AD DS sites and replication
- Module 5: Implementing Group Policy
- Lab : Implementing a Group Policy infrastructure
- Lab : Troubleshooting Group Policy infrastructure
- Module 6: Managing user settings with Group Policy
- Lab : Managing user settings with GPOs
- Module 7: Securing Active Directory Domain Services
- Lab : Securing AD DS
- Module 8: Deploying and managing AD CS
- Lab : Deploying and configuring a two-tier CA hierarchy
- Module 9: Deploying and managing certificates
- Lab : Deploying and using certificates
- Module 10: Implementing and administering AD FS
- Lab : Implementing AD FS
- Module 11: Implementing and administering AD RMS
- Lab : Implementing an AD RMS infrastructure
- Module 12: Implementing AD DS synchronization with Microsoft Azure AD
- Lab : Configuring directory synchronization
- Module 13: Monitoring, managing, and recovering AD DS
- Lab : Recovering objects in AD DS