This five-day, instructor-led course explains how to implement and configure new Windows Server 2016 features and functionality. This course is for information technology (IT) professionals who want to upgrade their technical skills from Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 to Windows Server 2016. This course presumes a high level of knowledge about previous Windows Server technologies and skills equivalent to the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 credential.
This course is not a product-upgrade course, detailing considerations for migrating and upgrading students’ specific environment to Windows Server 2016. Rather, this course provides updates to students’ existing Windows Server knowledge and skills, as they pertain to Windows Server 2016.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Two or more years of experience with deploying and managing Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 environments; NS experience with day-to-day Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 system-administration management and maintenance tasks.
- Experience with Windows networking technologies and implementation.
- Experience with Active Directory technologies and implementation.
- Experience with Windows Server virtualization technologies and implementation.
- Knowledge equivalent to the MCSA credentials of Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Windows Server 2016.
- Describe storage in Windows Server 2016.
- Implement directory services.
- Implement Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- Describe networking.
- Implement Hyper-V.
- Configure advanced networking features.
- Implement software-defined networking.
- Implement remote access.
- Deploy and manage Windows and Hyper-V containers.
- Implement failover clustering.
- Implement failover clustering by using virtual machines.
Who should attend
This course is for IT professionals who are experienced Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 system administrators, with real-world experience working in a Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2008 enterprise environment. Additionally, students should have obtained the MCSA credential for Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012, or they should have equivalent knowledge. Additionally, IT professionals who plan to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams might be interested in this course, as preparation for the MCSA exams, which are a prerequisite for the MCSE specialties.
- Module 1: Installing and configuring Windows Server 2016
- Lab : Installing and configuring Server Core
- Module 2: Overview of storage in Windows Server 2016
- Lab : Implementing and managing storage
- Module 3: Implementing directory services
- Lab : Implementing and managing AD DS
- Module 4: Implementing AD FS
- Lab : Implementing AD FS
- Lab : Implementing Web Application Proxy
- Module 5: Implementing network services
- Lab : Implementing network services
- Module 6: Implementing Hyper-V
- Lab : Implementing server virtualization with Hyper-V
- Module 7: Configuring advanced networking features
- Lab : Configuring advanced Hyper-V networking features
- Module 8: Implementing Software Defined Networking
- Lab : Deploying Network Controller
- Module 9: Implementing remote access
- Lab : Implementing DirectAccess
- Module 10: Deploying and managing Windows and Hyper-V containers
- Lab : Installing and configuring containers
- Module 11: Implementing failover clustering
- Lab : Implementing failover clustering
- Module 12: Implementing failover clustering with Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V
- Lab : Implementing failover clustering with Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V