- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
- 1 month experience creating Windows client applications
- 1 month of experience using Visual Studio 2017
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain how to use Visual Studio 2017 to create and run a Web application.
- Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
- Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using XMLHTTPRequest objects and Fetch API.
- Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
- Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
- Create Web applications that support offline operations.
- Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
- Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
- Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes.
- Use WebPack to package web applications for production.
Who should attend
- Module 1: Overview of HTML and CSS
- Lab : Exploring the Contoso Conference Application
- Module 2: Creating and Styling HTML Pages
- Lab : Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
- Module 4: Creating Forms to Collect and Validate User Input
- Lab : Creating a Form and Validating User Input
- Module 5: Communicating with a Remote Server
- Lab : Communicating with a Remote Data Source
- Module 6: Styling HTML5 by Using CSS3
- Lab : Styling Text and Block Elements by Using CSS3
- Lab : Refining Code for Maintainability and Extensibility
- Module 8: Creating Interactive Pages by Using HTML5 APIs
- Lab : Creating Interactive Pages with HTML5 APIs
- Module 9: Adding Offline Support to Web Applications
- Lab : Adding Offline Support to Web Applications
- Module 10: Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
- Lab : Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
- Module 11: Creating Advanced Graphics
- Lab : Creating Advanced Graphics
- Module 12: Animating the User Interface
- Lab : Animating the User Interface
- Module 13: Implementing Real-time Communication by Using Web Sockets
- Lab : Performing Real-time Communication by Using Web Sockets
- Module 14: Performing Background Processing by Using Web Workers
- Lab : Creating a Web Worker Process
- Lab : Setting Up Webpack Bundle for Production