This five-day course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to plan and administer a Microsoft SharePoint 2016 environment. The course teaches you how to deploy, administer, and troubleshoot your SharePoint environment. This course also provides guidelines, best practices, and considerations that help you optimize your SharePoint deployment.
This is the first in a sequence of two courses for IT professionals and is aligned with the SharePoint 2016 IT Pro certification.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
PrerequisitesBefore attending this course, students must have knowledge of:
- Software management in a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 enterprise server environment.
- Deploying and managing applications natively, virtually, and in the cloud.
- Administering IIS.
- Configuring AD DS for use in authentication, authorization, and as a user store.
- Managing an application remotely by using Windows PowerShell 4.0.
- Managing databases and server roles in SQL Server.
- Connecting applications to SQL Server.
- Implementing claims-based security.
- Using Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines.
Course outcomeAfter completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the key features of SharePoint 2016.
- Design an information architecture for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Design a logical architecture for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Design the physical architecture for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Install and configure SharePoint 2016.
- Create and configure web applications and site collections.
- Plan and configure service applications for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Manage users and permissions, and secure content in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Configure authentication in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Configure platform and farm-level security in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Manage information taxonomy in SharePoint web applications and site collections.
- Configure and manage user profiles and audiences.
- Configure and manage the search experience in SharePoint 2016.
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
Who should attendThe course is targeted at experienced IT professionals who are interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy, and manage SharePoint 2016 installations either in a data center or in the cloud. Students typically have more than one year of hands-on experience* with planning and maintaining SharePoint and two years’ experience with other core technologies on which SharePoint depends, including Windows Server 2012 R2 or later, Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or later, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), and networking infrastructure services. The minimally qualified candidate typically:
- Is an IT professional who plans, implements, and maintains a multi-server deployment of SharePoint 2016.
- Has a working knowledge of, and preferably hands-on experience, with SharePoint Online.
- Has broad familiarity with SharePoint workloads.
- Has experience with business continuity management, including data backup, restoration, and high availability.
- Has experience with authentication and security technologies.
- Has experience with Windows PowerShell.
- Module 1: Introducing SharePoint 2016
- Module 2: Designing an information architecture
- Lab : Designing an information architecture - Part one
- Lab : Creating an information architecture - Part two
- Module 3: Designing a logical architecture
- Lab : Designing a logical architecture
- Module 4: Designing a physical architecture
- Lab : Designing a physical architecture
- Module 5: Installing and configuring SharePoint 2016
- Lab : Deploying and configuring SharePoint 2016 – Part one
- Lab : Deploying and configuring SharePoint 2016 – Part two
- Module 6: Creating web applications and site collections
- Lab : Creating and configuring site collections
- Module 7: Planning and configuring service applications
- Lab : Planning and configuring service applications
- Module 8: Managing users and permissions, and securing content
- Lab : Managing users and groups
- Lab : Securing content in SharePoint sites
- Module 9: Configuring authentication for SharePoint 2016
- Lab : Extend your SharePoint 2016 to support Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Module 10: Securing a SharePoint 2016 deployment
- Lab : Securing a SharePoint 2016 deployment
- Module 11: Managing taxonomy
- Lab : Configuring content-type propagation
- Lab : Configuring and using the managed metadata service
- Module 12: Configuring user profiles
- Lab : Configuring user profiles
- Lab : Configuring My Sites and audiences
- Module 13: Configuring Enterprise Search
- Lab : Configuring Enterprise Search
- Lab : Optimizing the search experience
- Module 14: Monitoring and maintaining a SharePoint 2016 environment
- Lab : Monitoring a SharePoint 2016 deployment
- Lab : Investigating page load times