Get detailed instruction and hands-on practice planning and deploying Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager and its associated site systems. This three-day Microsoft Official course is designed for IT Professionals who are responsible for designing and deploying one or more System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager sites and all supporting systems, as well as configuring and managing endpoints in those systems. You will learn how to plan for the deployment of the central administration site, one or more primary sites and secondary sites, and all associated site systems. You will also learn how to migrate from System Center 2012 Configuration Manager to System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager. This course also helps candidates prepare for Exam 70-243, MCTS: Administering and Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. Both Configuration Manager courses, 10747D and 10748C, or the equivalent knowledge and skills will be necessary to prepare for the exam. NOTE: Windows Intune is used as part of the lab for this course, which may not be available in all countries. Please confirm with your Microsoft training provider that this cloud service is available in your area. Training Providers: please reference the course setup guide for more details.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
PrerequisitesBefore attending this course, students must have a working knowledge at the system-administrator level of:
- Networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS) principles and management
- Windows Server management including managing Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012
- Windows Client fundamentals
- Deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers
- Basic public key infrastructure (PKI) concepts
- Configuration Manager features and administrative tasks including:
- Working with the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager or newer administrator console
- Installing clients
- Maintaining hardware and software inventory
- Working with collections
- Deploying applications
- Managing software updates
- Deploying operating systems
- Settings management
- Course 6419: Configuring, Managing, and Maintaining Windows Server® 2008–based Servers
- Course 20411: Administering Windows Server® 2012
- Course 20687: Configuring Windows® 8.1
- And Either:
- Course 10747: Administering System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- or Both:
- Course 6451: Planning, Deploying, and Managing Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007
- Six months of hands-on experience with System Center 2012 Configuration Manager or newer
Course outcomeAfter completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager infrastructure.
- Plan and deploy a stand-alone primary site.
- Plan and configure role-based administration.
- Plan and deploy a multiple site hierarchy.
- Replicate data and manage content in Configuration Manager.
- Plan resource discovery and client deployment.
- Configure Internet and cloud-based client management.
- Maintain and monitor System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
- Migrate to System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
Who should attendThis course is intended for Information Technology (IT) professionals who are responsible for designing and deploying one or more System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager sites and all supporting systems. They should have three to five years of experience in medium to large enterprise organizations, in a role in which they are supporting multiple desktop and server computers that run Windows®-based operating systems. This course is also for individuals who are interested in taking exam 70-243 TS: Administering and Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. Both 10747D: Administering System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and 10748C: Planning and Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager are necessary to prepare for this exam.
- Module 1: Overview of System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Module 2: Planning and Deploying a Stand-Alone Primary Site
- Lab : Installing a Configuration Manager Primary Site
- Lab : Performing Post-Setup Configuration Tasks
- Module 3: Planning and Configuring Role-Based Administration
- Lab : Planning and Configuring Role-Based Administration
- Module 4: Planning and Deploying a Multiple-Site Hierarchy
- Lab : Installing a Site Hierarchy
- Lab : Verifying a Site Hierarchy
- Lab : Installing a Secondary Site
- Module 5: Replicating Data and Managing Content in Configuration Manager 2012
- Lab : Configuring, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting Data Replication
- Lab : Planning and Configuring Content Management
- Module 6: Planning Resource Discovery and Client Deployment
- Lab : Implementing Configuration Manager Client Deployment
- Module 7: Configuring Internet and Cloud-Based Client Management
- Lab : Configuring PKI for Configuration Manager
- Lab : Configuring Windows Intune Integration with System Center 2012 R2 Configuration .
- Module 8: Maintaining and Monitoring System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Lab : Maintaining System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Lab : Migrating from System Center Configuration Manager 2007 to System Center 2012
Hybrid Cloud and Datacenter Monitoring with Operations Management Suite (OMS) (180 Day)