This course is designed to teach students how to provision SQL Server databases both on premise and in SQL Azure.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
PrerequisitesThis course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design
Course outcomeAfter completing this course, students will be able to:
- Provision a Database Server
- Upgrade SQL Server
- Configure SQL Server
- Manage Databases and Files (shared)
- Provision, migrate and manage databases in the cloud
Who should attendThe primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job. The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
- Module 1: SQL Server Components
- Module 2: Installing SQL Server
- Lab : Installing SQL Server
- Module 3: Upgrading SQL Server to SQL Server 2017
- Lab : Upgrading SQL Server
- Module 4: Working with Databases
- Lab : Managing Database Storage
- Module 5: Performing Database Maintenance
- Lab : Performing Database Maintenance
- Module 6: Database Storage Options
- Lab : Implementing Stretch Database
- Module 7: Planning to Deploy SQL Server on Microsoft Azure
- Lab : Plan and Deploy an Azure SQL Database
- Module 8: Migrating Databases to Azure SQL Database
- Lab : Migrating SQL Server Databases to Azure
- Module 9: Deploying SQL Server on a Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine
- Lab : Deploying SQL Server on an Azure Virtual Machine
- Module 10: Managing databases in the Cloud
- Lab : Managing Databases in the Cloud