This e-learning course is aimed at database professionals looking to implement SQL Server on Linux. Expected workload: 2 days.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Familiarity with the SUSE, Red Hat, or Ubuntu operating system and networking.
- Familiarity with the SQL language.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server on Linux
- Describe how to deploy SQL Server on Linux
- Describe how to install the additional optional components to SQL Server
- Describe how to configure SQL Server on Linux
- Describe how to connect and manage SQL server images on Linux
- Describe how to migrate databases from other database systems to SQL Server on Linux and provide disaster recovery
- Describe the high availability features of SQL Server on Linux
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is existing database professionals with experience of database systems running on Linux. The secondary audience is Linux professionals who are interested in adding database capabilities.
- Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server on Linux
- Module 2: Deploying SQL Server on Linux
- Lab : Deploying SQL Server on Linux
- Module 3: Installing additional components
- Lab : Installing additional components
- Module 4: Configuring SQL Server on Linux
- Module 5: Managing Database Solutions for SQL Server for Linux
- Lab : Managing SQL Server on Linux
- Module 6: Migrating Databases to SQL Server on Linux and Disaster Recovery
- Lab : Migrating databases
- Module 7: High Availability
- Lab : High availability