This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to support and troubleshoot Windows 10 PCs and devices in a Windows Server domain environment. These skills include understanding of Windows 10 features, how they can be used in an Active Directory environment and how to troubleshoot them.
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
PrerequisitesBefore attending this course, students must have:
- Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles.
- Understanding of the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) components.
- Windows Server 2016 fundamentals.
Course outcomeAfter completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the processes for planning and using a Windows 10 troubleshooting methodology.
- Troubleshoot startup issues and operating system services on a Windows 10 device.
- Resolve issues that pertain to hardware devices and device drivers.
- Troubleshoot Windows 10 devices remotely.
- Troubleshoot issues that pertain to network connectivity.
- Troubleshoot client-configuration failures and issues with application of Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Troubleshoot issues related to user settings.
- Troubleshoot remote-connectivity issues.
- Resolve issues that pertain to accessing resources from devices that are domain-joined.
- Resolve issues that pertain to accessing resources from devices that are not domain-joined.
- Troubleshoot issues that pertain to application installation and operation.
- Maintain a device that is running Windows 10.
- Recover a device that is running Windows 10.
Who should attendThe primary audience for this course is the Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (EDST), who provides Tier 2 support to users running Windows 10 personal computers (PCs) and devices in medium to large enterprise organizations, within a Windows domain environment. EDSTs focus on a broad range of technical issues for Windows operating systems (OSs), devices, cloud services, applications, networking, and hardware support. In the overarching scenario, if an enterprise offers the service, the EDST is asked to support it. The key responsibilities include resolving technical issues pertaining to Windows 10 installation and migration, activation, performance, profiles, settings; and device synchronization. Some other key responsibilities include local and remote network access; access to applications, access to data and printers; authentication, Endpoint security and policy; OS and data recovery. The secondary audience for this course are IT professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops, devices, users, and associated network and security resources. Students who seek certification in the following exams will also benefit from this course:
- 70-697, Configuring Windows Devices
- 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10
- Module 1: Implementing a Troubleshooting Methodology
- Lab : Implementing a Troubleshooting Methodology
- Lab : Using Troubleshooting Tools
- Module 2: Troubleshooting Startup Issues
- Lab : Troubleshooting Startup Issues
- Lab : Recovering BitLocker-Encrypted Drives
- Module 3: Troubleshooting Hardware and Device Drivers
- Lab : Troubleshooting Device Driver Issues
- Lab : Troubleshooting Hardware Issues
- Module 4: Troubleshooting Remote Computers
- Lab : Troubleshooting a Remote Computer By Using Windows PowerShell
- Module 5: Resolving Issues with Network Connectivity
- Lab : Resolving Network Connectivity Issues
- Module 6: Troubleshooting Group Policy
- Lab : Troubleshooting Issues with Group Policy Application
- Lab : Resolving Issues with Group Policy
- Module 7: Troubleshooting User Settings
- Lab : Troubleshooting Sign-In Issues
- Lab : Troubleshooting the Application of User Settings
- Module 8: Troubleshooting Remote Connectivity
- Lab : Troubleshooting VPN Connectivity
- Lab : Configuring and Troubleshooting DirectAccess
- Module 9: Troubleshooting Resource Access within a Domain
- Lab : Troubleshooting File-Access Issues
- Lab : Troubleshooting Access to Encrypted Files
- Lab : Troubleshooting Printer Issues
- Module 10: Troubleshooting Resource Access for Clients That Are Not Domain Members
- Lab : Troubleshooting Resource Access for Clients That Are Not Domain Members
- Module 11: Troubleshooting Applications
- Lab : Troubleshooting Desktop Apps
- Lab : Troubleshooting Access to Company Web Applications
- Module 12: Maintaining Windows 10
- Lab : Monitoring and Troubleshooting Performance
- Module 13: Recovering Data and Operating Systems
- Lab : Recovering Data
- Lab : Provisioning Computers to Comply with Company Standards
Deploying and Managing Windows 10 Using Enterprise Services (90 Day)
€ 398,00 (excl. BTW)