Get hands-on instruction and practice configuring and implementing new features and functionality in Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, in this five-day Microsoft Official Course. This course is designed for IT professionals who want to upgrade their existing Windows Server technical skills to Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. It presumes a high level of knowledge about previous Windows Server technologies and skills equivalent to MCSA: Windows Server 2008 credential.
The course covers the new features and functionality in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2, including management, network infrastructure, storage, access control, virtualization, high availability, and identity federation. Specific technologies covered include Windows PowerShell, Storage Spaces and Internet Small Computer System interface (iSCSI), Active Directory, Hyper-V, implementation of Remote Access solutions such as DirectAccess, VPNs, and Web Application Proxy (WAP). The course also covers Failover Clustering, Federation Services as well as access and information provisioning and protection technologies such as Dynamic Access Control, and Web Application Proxy integration with Federation Services and Workplace Join.
This course is not a product upgrade course, detailing considerations for migrating and upgrading your specific environment to Windows Server 2012. Rather, this course will update your existing Windows Server knowledge and skills to Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Exam 417: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012, which is the upgrade exam for certifications that have qualifying upgrade paths. Details of the various supported upgrade paths are available here https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-au/windows-server-certification.aspx
- 3 months access to e-learning materials
- 3 months access to training labs
PrerequisitesBefore attending this course, students must have:
- Experience with day-to-day Windows Server system administration, management and maintenance tasks in an Enterprise environment
- Obtained a certification that qualifies to take the 70-417 upgrade exam, as listed here, https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/windows-server-certification.aspx, or have equivalent knowledge
Course outcomeAfter completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012.
- Manage Windows Server 2012 by using Windows PowerShell®.
- Manage storage in Windows Server 2012.
- Implement network services.
- Implement Remote Access.
- Implement Failover Clustering.
- Implement Hyper-V™.
- Implement Failover Clustering with Hyper-V.
- Implementing secure data access for users and devices.
- Implement Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS).
- Implement Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- Monitor and maintain Windows Server 2012.
Who should attendThis course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who are experienced Windows Server system administrators who are familiar with carrying out day to day Windows Server management and maintenance tasks. The course will update their skill to Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. Candidates suitable for this course would be:
- Experienced Windows Server Administrators who have real world experience working in a Windows Server enterprise environment.
- IT professionals who have obtained the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 , or a qualifying upgradeable certification, details of which are available here, or have equivalent knowledge.
- IT Professionals wanting to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in Data Center, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communication will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server 2012 credential, which is a pre-requisite for their individual specialities.
- Module 1: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Lab : Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2
- Module 2: Managing Windows Server 2012 by Using Windows PowerShell
- Lab : Managing Servers Running Windows Server 2012 by Using Windows PowerShell
- Module 3: Managing Storage in Windows Server 2012
- Lab : Managing Storage on Servers Running Windows Server 2012
- Lab : Implementing BranchCache
- Module 4: Implementing Network Services
- Lab : Implementing Network Services
- Lab : Deploying NAP
- Module 5: Implementing Remote Access
- Lab : Implementing DirectAccess
- Module 6: Implementing Failover Clustering
- Lab : Implementing Failover Clustering
- Module 7: Implementing Hyper-V
- Lab : Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
- Module 8: Implementing Failover Clustering with Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V
- Lab : Implementing Failover Clustering with Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V
- Module 9: Implementing Secure Data Access for Users and Devices
- Lab : Implementing Secure File Access
- Module 10: Implementing AD DS
- Lab : Implementing AD DS
- Lab : Troubleshooting and Maintaining AD DS
- Module 11: Implementing AD FS
- Lab : Implementing AD FS
- Module 12: Monitoring and Maintaining Windows Server 2012
- Lab : Monitoring and Maintaining Windows 2012 Servers